Rough Guide to the UK
"The Martial Law's out and we've got a new Queen! IMA's crackin' along, so the country can actually feed itself .... Hell, even the Scots have settled down and behaved themselves. The Tourist Board's even bringing in money; we're a country again."
"Jackknife gangers raid a convoy on the M6; you can't leave your hold in the Cheshire conurb day or night without getting chopped. Hell, I heard another Army patrol disappeared in the Cheviots -- given to the wicker man, they said. The eastern fens are in armed rebellion, and damn Vikings with tac missiles are off the North coast! Don't tell me this country isn't at war ...."
- Great Britain -- for the American cyberpunk, it's a little bit of home on the doorstep of genteel New Europe. So, here's Rough Guide to the U.K., the straight dope on England -- birthplace of Punk music, Punk fashion, and Punk attitude. Rough Guide shows you:
- Politics and police forces -- there's a Queen on the throne again, but martial law still covers a quarter of the country. Plus, a character generation section for the UK's paramilitary forces.
- What to eat, and where to find it -- travel, lodging and dining for the outsider.
- New art, new media and the new society -- with the overthrow of the MLA, they're rebuilding the street culture. Rough Guide shows you what's come from the struggle.
- A general overview of each administrative region in Great Britain with a depth of information that rivals Home of the Brave!
Rough Guide to the UK: it's as necessary as rippers -- and a whole lot easier on the credstick.